Below are related organizations and other resources that are relevant to the Cloudbridge Project.
Organizations In Costa Rica:
- Organization for Tropical Studies
- Pax Natura
- Mesoamerican Biological Corridor
- Parque Nacional Chirripo
- Proyecto San Gerardo
- Parque Nacional La Amistad
Organizations Outside Costa Rica:
- The Rainforest Alliance
- The Nature Conservancy
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- World Wildlife Fund
- Earth Preservation Fund
- The World Land Trust
- GAIA Forest Conservation Archives
- Tropical Rainforest Coalition
- Rainforest Action Network
- Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- The Rainforest Foundation UK
- Missouri Botanic Gardens
- Center for Biological Diversity
- Rainforest Facts
- Tropical Ecosystems of Costa Rica
- EnviroLink Library
- An Index of Rainforest Related Sites
- W 3 TROPICOS
- World Biodiversity Database
- Beginner's Guide to Birdwatching
- The Diversity of Life by E.O. Wilson. Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press, 1992.
- A Neotropical Companion: An Introduction to the Animals. Plants, and Ecosystems of the New World Tropics, Kricher, J. 1997. 2nd ed. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.
- Costa Rican Natural History Edited by Daniel. H. Janzen. University of Chicago Press, Chicago IL, 1983.
- A Naturalist in Costa Rica by Alexander F Skutch
- Los Bosques de Roble (Quercus) de la Cordillera de Talamanca, Costa Rica: Biodiversidad, Ecologia, Conservación y Desarrollo by Maarten Kappelle
- An Introduction to Cloud Forest Trees: Monteverde, Costa Rica by William A. Haber, Erick Bello, and Willow Zuchowski. Mountain Gem Pub., 2nd edition, 2000
- A Place in the Rain Forest: Settling the Costa Rican Frontier by Darryl Cole-Christensen
- GIS Methodologies for Developing Conservation Strategies: Tropical Forest Recovery and Wildlife Management in Costa Rica Edited by Basil G Savitsky and Thomas E Lacher
- The Green Republic: A Conservation History of Costa Rica by Sterling Evans
- Costa Rica: Adventures in Nature by Ree Strange Sheck
- An Introduction to Cloud Forest Trees: Monteverde, Costa Rica by William A Haber, Willow Zuchowski and Erick Bello
- Field Guide to the Wildlife of Costa Rica by Carrol L Henderson
- Costa Rica: Forest Strategy and the Evolution of Land Use by Ronnie de Camion, Olman Segura, Luis Guillermo Arias and Isaac Pérez
- Green Phoenix: Restoring the Tropical Forests of Guanacaste, Costa Rica by William Allen
- Various Books in The Cloudbridge Library
Articles and Studies
- Vaughan, Christopher and Carlos Manuel Rodriguez,Managing Beyond the Borders: The Costa Rican National System of Conservation Areas (SINAC)
- Knowles, David B. and A. Carl Leopold. 1997. Native Tree Restoration on Abandoned Lands in Costa Rica Poster presentation at the Society for Ecological Restoration Nineth Annual International Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Leopold, Carl, and Arno Finkeldey. 1995. Linking Rainforest Restoration With Land Stewardship in Costa Rica Restoration and Management Notes (161) 13:2 Winter 1995.
- Leopold, Carl A.; Andrus, Richard; Finkeldey, Arno and Knowles, David. 2000. Attempting Restoration of Wet Tropical Forests in Costa Rica The Tropical Forestry Initiative, Box 285, Ithaca NY 14851. Restoration and Management Notes (161) 13:2 215-216pp
- Nadkarni, Nalini and Rodrigo Solano. Potential Effects of Climate Change on Canopy Communities in a Tropical Cloud Forest: An Experimental Approach (Sept 2001)
- Ewel, John J., Ecological bases of sustainability in reconstructed tropical ecosystems, Huertos Project (Organization for Tropical Studies, 1999)
- Chaverri-Polini, Adelaida, Mountains, Biodiversity and Conservation Unasylva, Vol 49, No 195, 1998.
Take a look at the reports describing what our Researchers have been studying! For more information on the local flora and fauna, check out our Fact Sheets. If you are interested in learning which species can be found in Cloudbridge, take a look at our species lists.